Trans-Pacific flights + love songs for my better half @ 124 BPM.
Download “10,000 Goodnight Kisses” mixtape (120MB / 256kbps AAC)
- The Afro Soul-Tet — Afrodesia
- Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi — Two Against One
- Karmon — Feel It
- Ultraísta — Smalltalk (Four Tet Remix)
- Bonobo — Cirrus
- Foals — Big Big Love (Fig.2)
- Daft Punk — Giorgio by Moroder
- Steve Aoki — Heartbreaker (feat. Lovefoxxx)
- Miike Snow — Silvia
- The Fort Knox Five — Blowin’ Up The Spot
- Panthers — Goblin City (Holy Ghost! Disco Dub)
- Al Green — Let’s Get Married
- Breakbot — Why (feat. Ruckazoid)
- DCUP — I’m Corrupt
- Disclosure — F For You
- Breakbot — Shades of Black
- Classix – All You’re Waiting for (feat. Nancy Whang)
- Yelle – Que veux-tu (Madeon Extended Remix)
- Flight Facilities – Crave You (Version 2)
- Lady Danville – Kids
- Gotye – Easy Way Out
- Kidnap Kid – Thin Lines (feat. Lotti)
- John Newman – Love Me Again
- Peking Duk – The Way You Are
- Feed Me & Crystal Fighters – Love Is All I Got
Last December, I wanted to see if Bonobo could mix with hip-hop (turns out it does), and work outside my 125 BPM comfort zone. Thanks to the guys at Rap Genius for the inspiration (and the help). This is the result:
Download “Honey Junket” mixtape (256kbps MP4 / AAC) (61MB)
- Atmosphere — The Woman With The Tattooed Hands
- KiD CuDi — Maui Wowie
- Ming + FS — Is There Honey?
- Rhymefest — Mike The Mentor (feat. Michael Jackson)
- Common — The People (feat. Dwele)
- Apollo Brown — Brag Language (feat. Buff 1 & Magestik Legend)
- DJ Danger Mouse — What More Can I Say
- Kanye West — Stronger
- The Hood Internet — Dr. Dre (feat. Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg) vs Fujiya & Miyagi - The Next Collarbone
- Kanye West — Flashing Lights (feat. Dwele)
- ydnar — Good Days Ahead (Bonobo vs Big K.R.I.T.)
- The Notorious B.I.G. — Ghetto (feat. Akon & 2pac)
- Bonobo — Light Pattern
- Dr. Dre — Housewife (feat. Hittman & Kurupt)
- Anni Rossi — Rude Boy (Rhianna cover)
- Ratatat — Party And Bullshit (feat. The Notorious B.I.G.)
- Bonobo — All In Forms
- Notorious B.I.G. — Big Poppa
- Lupe Fiasco — Hip-Hop Saved My Life (feat. Nikki Jean)
First big smile of the new year, via Elliot Clowes:
I guess in some ways it was inevitable. A lot of people expected it, and more than a couple asked “what’s taking so long.” So a couple weeks ago, I started nb.io with Eric Case and Cameron Walters. The plan is to make it onto the awesome list. We’re bootstrapping and working on some projects that we want to use.
Tomorrow we’re heading to Mendocino to hack on our first product, away from our usual daily distractions. The plan is to do this regularly—go somewhere with a good kitchen, internets and preferably with a decent dose of outdoors. If you have a house somewhere awesome that you don’t mind sharing for our company hack-trips, email me. We’re currently officing in my house—so trading is definitely possible.
We’re eating our own dogfood—methodically iterating based on the needs of our products’ audiences. In less-buzzword-laden English, this means making stuff that our users want, and really trying hard to not waste time on stuff they don’t. Or as our friend Hans put it, aligning our interests with that of our customers.
But enough about products & companies &c. Time for the Black Kids show!
On my desk: Three Cups of Tea, an issue of The Economist, a subscription reminder for The Economist, a DMV renewal notice, a postcard from the California Academy of Sciences, my MacBook, a green wine bottle filled with water and a glass of ice.
Posted September 6, 2008 at 5:52 PM PST in ydnar
Played Avenue D at pub quiz last night, and they want more. Discussed the ultrarich in Monaco and the ultrapoor in Punjab over breakfast, microfinance and food supplies, wandered the ferry building and talked about biofuels and the economics of nonprofits before completing the Blue Bottle trifecta of Cento, Boulette’s Larder and Piccino.
Heard gossip about the inner workings of several of my favorite businesses from some of my favorite people. Think I met a new favorite person.
Rode motorcycle and bicycle along my favorite roads. Thought I saw someone who used to be close to me. Planning for the weekend, another away from SF. Planning September and October—Portland, New York, Boston and Amsterdam. Wishing I’d heard from a friend today, but didn’t. Taking a camera to Zeitgeist.
I wish I spoke the language you were written in.
Posted August 13, 2008 at 11:51 PM PST in ydnar
Sold art, got invited to show in Boston in October, Eric and I are close to shipping our first alpha, and I just got an email from someone I hadn’t heard from in several years. The universe has interesting timing, I think.
Edit: And my sister emailed me a job listing from Stanford. Yay, more family in the Yay Area!